Data recovery is important to avoid in order to prevent a major data loss issue. Moreover, it helps to enhance the system longevity by introducing various useful techniques. Garmin USB Ant Stick is one of the effective devices to back up the data hassle-freely.
A malfunction of this USB drive can lead to a major data loss issue quite often. Therefore, you need to resolve the problems accordingly and recover the data easily by new files. Here, we are going to discuss the most effective ways to perform data recovery and in case of a severe issue, the professionals of Recover Data from Garmin will help you a lot to overcome the problem efficiently.
Identify Garmin USB Drive Issue and Avoid Major Data Loss Problem
In order to prevent the data loss error, you have to understand the exact reasons behind the Garmin data recover error. Then, you can easily fix the problem without any confusion. Here, we are going to introduce the major problems behind the data recovery and sync issues on your Garmin USB Ant Stick.
- An outdated version of the Garmin Express.
- Incompatibility issue between the Garmin USB device and the PC operating system(Mac/Windows).
- Incorrect installation or incomplete installation of Garmin Connect is also responsible for making data recovery issues in the Garmin modem device.
- Communication error prevents the data recovery from Garmin quite often.
Resolve the Significant Garmin Data Sync Error:
Before resolving the Garmon device data lost issue, you need to identify the erroneous section from the device. It might occur both in the Mac and Windows device. Therefore, you have to be aware of those issues individually and it will be easier to re-sync that data by using a data recovery process.
For Windows PC
- Connect the Garmin USB device to a PC and open this PC window by pressing Ctrl+E together from the keyboard.
- Now, locate the Garmin device from the left panel of the window and see the drive letter that is assigned for the Garmin stick.
- Next, close the window and type “cmd” in the Cortana search box.
- After that, right-click on the Command Prompt file and choose Run as Administrator from the pop-up menu.
- Enter the correct credentials and launch the Command Prompt (Admin) window.
- Then, type the command “chkdsk <Drive letter>: /f” and hit the Enter key to run it.
- After getting the confirmation, the disk checking tool starts to run automatically on the Garmin device. Moreover, it will identify the corrupted files from the Garmin Express and then, repair them accordingly.
- The disk checking program will take several minutes to complete and you will get a successful message after finishing it.
- When done, try to reboot the system and check whether the Garmin data sync issue got resolved or not.
- Connect the Garmin USB stick to a computer and click the Finder from your Mac display.
- Now, choose Applications from the menu that appears below the Finder.
- Next, double-click on the Utility folder from the Applications window and also open the Disk Utility.
- Select the Garmin drive from the resultant window and click on the First Aid option.
- Then, tap on the Repair Disk button and verify whether that option is enabled or not.
- After that, tap on the Verify Disk option and then let it run the disk checking process.
- Once done, reboot the system and recover data from Garmin.
But, the above process is not suitable for raw data recovery. Therefore, you can opt for the services from a technical expert.
Resolve the Connection Error
If any connection error occurs between the USB Ant stick and a system, then you need to rectify the connection problem effectively. So, you might try out the steps below and overwhelm the ANT stick pairing issue with ease.
- Verify whether the USB port is functioning properly or not. Otherwise, it will raise a connectivity issue.
- Now, connect the Garmin device to another port and check whether the device is recognized by the system or not.
- Finally, inspect the Wi-Fi issues and then eliminate the Wireless communication error quickly.
Update the Garmin USB Stick
The older version is responsible for making the Garmin USB Ant Stick error. Therefore, the quickest way is to install the latest version of the operating system of the Garmin.
- Connect the Garmin GPS device to a system and connect the PC to the Wi-Fi network.
- Now, go to the Garmin Official website and download the Garmin Express with the latest version.
- Next, install the software by running the executable file from Garmin express folder.
- Follow all the on-screen instructions and accept the Update agreement.
- Then, wait for a few minutes to complete the Garmin software installation process.
- At last, disconnect the Garmin device and try to sync the data to avoid the major data loss issue.
Reinstall the Garmin Device
If any installation problem occurs during the Garmin syncing process, then you need to uninstall the device first. Then, install it again with the latest version of the software.
- First, connect the Garmin device to a computer and launch the Garmin Express window.
- Now, click on the Remove Device and then choose the option entitled with “ Keep in Garmin Connect” from the same window.
- After that, close the window and wait for 2-3 minutes.
- Again, open the Garmin Express wizard box and tap on the Add a device option from the Device section. Thus, you can install your device in the latest version.
- Next, remove all the devices if multiple external devices are connected to the system.
- Finally, try to sync data and verify whether it is functioning or not.
Introduce Various Data Recovery Solutions and Retrieve the Lost Data from Garmin Device:
There are mainly 2-3 ways to perform the data recovery process and we are going to introduce you to the most effective methods to perform essential data recovery. In case of a severe problem, it is best to consult with the professional to recover data from Garmin. However, see below and recover the lost data effectively.
Recover Data in Data Recovery Mode
- Choose a perfect data recovery tool and download it from a trusted website.
- Now, launch the downloaded software and choose the option named “External Devices Recovery” to start the process.
- Connect the Garmin Ant Stick to a system via USB port and wait for a while until it gets recognized by the system.
- Next, select the Garmin USB Ant Stick under the list of external devices and click on the Start button to search for the removed files.
- The lost files will be displayed after getting approval in different categories. Next, select them one by one from the left panel of the window.
- After that, select one by one to check their activity and locate the files inside those folders.
- Now, preview the data that need to be retrieved and use the data recovery process to proceed with the next step.
- Then, choose the rest of the files and hit the recover button to save those files on your PC or other storage devices.
- At last, recover data from Garmin respectively from that Garmin Express and save them accordingly on the system in-built storage device.
Perform Data Partition Recovery
Partition recovery is an efficient way to restore the data with ease. So, perform the disk partition recovery process and perform the data recovery process successfully.
- Download and install a Data Recovery software by consulting with an expert in Data recovery.
- Now, choose the Data Recovery Mode from the available options.
- Then, click on the Lost Partition Recovery option from the list that appears on the screen.
- Next, select that partition disk where your data loss has occurred and click on the Start button to start the scanning process.
- The device will start to search for the lost data and identify them one by one.
- After that, this Lost partition recovery will take a few seconds to locate the data from the deleted partition.
- After a deep scan, you can see a queue of data which is displayed on the left panel of the Recovery file window and you can preview the specific recoverable files. It might include text editing files, photos, images, MP4 files, etc.
- However, select them by pressing the Ctrl+A from the keyboard together and tap on the Recover button to get them back.
- Finally, you can reboot the system and disconnect the Garmin USB stick. Thus, you can fix the issue effectively.
It is very hectic for a non-technical person, and then you need to hire a technical support team of Recover Data from Garmin.
Raw Hard Drive Data Recovery
The data recovery from the hard drive is the safest way to resolve the data loss issue effectively. Take a look at the process discussed below and back up all the data items easily.
- Connect the Garmin device to a system via USB cable.
- Download the Garmin Connect and open the Garmin Connect software window after installing it correctly. Make sure that both the Gamin software and the PC are compatible with each other.
- Next, click on the Import option and a dialog box will appear on the screen.
- After that, navigate to the mounted files in the list and choose the desired.FIT files.
- Then, hit the Import tab and restore other files by repeating the same method.
Wrapping it Up…
In this blog, we have defined effective ways to recover data from Garmin software with ease. Moreover, we have defined the exact reasons behind the Garmin error. So, we hope this information will be beneficial to avoid the Garmin USB drive issues in advance. However, you can connect with the technical support of Recover Data from Garmin and get an instant solution that will guide in the best way possible.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What do you mean by Garmin ANT Agent?
Garmin ANT is a combination of Garmin Express and the Garmin Agent which enable the ANT+ devices. Hence, they run in the background and it is used to upload the data respectively.
- Does Mac or Apple devices have ANT+?
The ANT+ is not supported inside of Windows or Mac. So, purchase the Garmin ANT+ separately according to the system configuration. Then, connect the dongle via Bluetooth and perform the data sync process effectively.
- Are all ANT+ dongles are exactly the same in all devices?
In the case of Windows PC users, the ANT+ is a very popular device of Garmin. The Bluetooth connection of Garmin is effective for iOS devices.